Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Orchid Update: 28AUG13

None of my plants are blooming.  A Cattleya hybrid that was repotted several months ago is now growing new roots.  The other plants are surviving.  I haven't given my orchids the attention they deserve.  I just got around to watering them Sunday.  I was forced to throw an Angrecium species seedling that was dying. 

As I posted earlier, I missed the OSGSTL Orchid Auction this past month due to my finances.  I would have liked to have bought some plants.  I'm holding out for another day.  However, the September meeting is on Cattleyas by Author Chadwick.  It should be a good meeting.  There are only several OSGSTL meeting left in the year.  I vowed to make as many as possible.  The September 13th meeting at MOBOT should be a good start.

Also, autumn is the time of year when many Cattleyas flower.  Make sure your plants get plenty of sunlight and water in order that they bloom on time and fully flower.  Just some advice for a semi-successful orchid grower...

No comments:

Post a Comment